Delicious Vegetarian Dessert Using Carrots
With so many people opting for vegetarianism every day, the demand for vegetarian recipes has also increased. To help you with your search for healthy vegetarian desserts or a luscious carrot cake recipe, here is a delicious vegan carrot cake recipe that even staunch non-vegetarians will love.
What you will need:
– 2 1/2 cups of refined flour
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 2 teaspoons of baking soda
– 4 teaspoons of baking powder
– 1 tablespoon of fine ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
– 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
– 3 tablespoons of egg replacer
– 2 cups of light brown sugar
– 1 cup of safflower oil
– 1 cup of almond milk
– 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
– 3 cups of juicy red grated carrots
– 1 cup of chopped walnuts
– 1 cup of raisins (seedless variety)
– Grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
– Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, salt and egg replacer. Sift the dry ingredients.
– Preheat the oven to 350F.
– In a mixing bowl, place the safflower oil, almond milk and unsweetened applesauce. Blend these ingredients together to get an even mix.
– Mix the sugar with the wet ingredients and beat well.
– Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps in the mix and scrape the sides of the bowl regularly to get an even mix.
– Stir the carrots, walnuts and raisins into the mix.
– Pour the prepared batter in the greased baking pans and smooth out the tops.
– Bake the cakes in the preheated oven at 350F for about 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean then the cake is cooked.
– Remove from the oven and invert the cakes on wire racks and cool completely before cutting or decorating.
Vegetarian cream cheese frosting recipe:
– 12 tablespoons of chilled non-hydrogenated margarine
– 500 grams of crumbled soy cheese
– 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– Beat the margarine using an electric blender till fluffy.
– Add the crumbled soy cheese to the margarine and beat some more to get a light and fluffy mix.
– Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
– Cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
Assembling the cake:
– The cake is moist in the center and, therefore, you can easily store it in the fridge before assembling.
– Place one cake on a cake stand.
– Spread some frosting on top of the cake.
– Place another cake on top of the first one.
– Spread some frosting on the top.
– Place the third cake on the top and press gently.
– Cover the sides and top of the cake with the remaining frosting.
– Chill in the fridge to set before serving.